Here at Davy's Bikes we have a fully operational motorcycle specific workshop providing you with services such as tyres, brakes, general servicing, valve clearance checking/adjusting, fork seal repair amongst many others.
Davy's Bikes have the latest technology in diagnostic software/hardware from Texa that can communicate with most motorcycles. From turning off a service light on the latest 2022> BMWs to reading error codes on a 1990s motorcycle if it is equipped with the functionality.
Davy's Bikes have a vast experience in ABS problems arising in the well known BMWs from 2002 onwards. We offer the service of repairing ABS pumps to removing the entire system (This does not apply to servo assisted ABS)
Workshop Opening Hours :- Monday - Friday 09:30 to 17:30 , Sat/Sun Closed
We do have some rules for the workshop that must be adhered to:
Powder Coating of Motorcycle Rims
- You must book into our workshop by ringing 02891272648 / 02891470056 or call into the showroom.
- You cannot just arrive into the workshop and leave your bike for repair without a prior booking (Tyres are an exception)
- If you are unable to make your booking please give us at least 24 hours notice, this enables us to bring forward another customer and keeps the system working.
- If you do not show up at your allocated booking slot you must be rebooked to another date/time. You cannot leave your bike at a time and date that suits you, we are sorry about this but we simply do not have the room to store your bike for you.
- We will only complete the work that the bike is booked in for, if we find something that requires attention we will call you to gain authorisation to complete the extra work.
- Customers must not remain in the workshop whilst your bike is being repaired as you are not insured to be in this environment without the proper personal protective equipment.
- Please understand that if your bike requires a particular part that we do not have in stock it may take a while at times to get the part for you. We cannot be held responsible for backorders from manufacturers or suppliers.
- We do not charge per job but by the hour. This is a fixed rate of £50 plus VAT per hour and is charged in half hour segments.
- Headlight alignment usually incurs a £10 fee, this is not a fixed fee as some motorcycles have fairings etc that require removal to set the headlight correctly.
- Texa diagnostics is charged at £30 inc VAT per session, this is a fixed charge if the system is able to find a fault or not.
- BMW service light reset is charged at £30 inc VAT.
- Our workshop is located at 28A Balloo Drive, Bangor, BT19 7QY. All motorcycles requiring repair must be dropped off and collected from that location and not the showroom.
- Payment can be made in cash or card, there are card processing facilities in both locations.
- We can remove tyres/bearings from your wheels if you are sending them off for powder coating. We cannot store your bike whilst your wheels are away, you must bring the loose wheels.
- We will not reinstall the old bearing/seals into your freshly powder coated rims. Only new bearings will be installed and these must be supplied by you.
- We cannot be held responsible for any damage that may occur to your rims when refitting the tyres on your rims. Powder coating can flake off if not done properly.
- To balance your wheels we must have the new bearings to install in the rim as it cannot be completed without them.
Warranty breakdown and repairs
- Davy's Bikes are not responsible for collecting your bike as a result of a breakdown regardless if your bike is covered under warranty or not.
- We charge collection/delivery per mile and can be quoted on request.
- We highly recommend that all customers have a breakdown recovery policy in place in the event of a breakdown. It may not be convenient for us to collect your bike when you call at the side of the road.
- Warranty work must be booked in like all other workshop jobs and take its place in the queue.
- If a part is required to be ordered from a manufacturer there may be a delay if it is out of stock. We will not strip a new bike in the showroom to replace faulty parts.